FOSCAVIR® (FOSCARNET SODIUM)
Clinigen supplies Foscavir® across 43 global markets.
Foscavir® is licensed to treat in many markets:
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in HIV patients
- Acyclovir-resistant mucocutaneous herpes simplex virus (HSV) infections in immunocompromised patients
- Cytomegalovirus-Viremia (CMV-Viremia) and CMV disease in patients with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) and with a resistance to or intolerance to ganciclovir
How does it work?
- Foscavir® selectively inhibits virus-specific DNA polymerase at the pyrophosphate binding site to produce an antiviral effect
- Since it doesn’t require activation by kinases, it’s active in-vitro against HSV TK deficient mutants and CMV UL97 mutants
- HSV strains resistant to acyclovir or CMV strains resistant to ganciclovir may be sensitive to Foscavir®
Where is Foscavir® licensed?